Vehicle Breakdown Cover
We are delighted to offer our motor policyholders* what we think must be the best car breakdown recovery service in the UK.
Why are RAC the best? Consider the facts:
- The RAC has more patrols per member than any other rescue organisation
- Roadside assistance covers you anywhere in the UK, day and night, 365 days per year
- Membership covers you for more than breakdowns – such as flat batteries, running out of fuel or locking your keys in the car.
- If you don’t know where you are, they can pinpoint your location from your mobile phone signal
- The RAC confidently deal with 4.5 million breakdown calls every year and have a remarkably high roadside fixing rate of 80% (excluding accidents and extreme failures), which means there’s a high probability you’ll be able to continue your journey in your own vehicle.
We offer three levels of cover:
|OPTION 1: Roadside –
- Roadside includes labour at the scene of the breakdown (but not labour at any garage to which the vehicle is taken).
- If the vehicle cannot be repaired at the roadside, they will take the vehicle and up to 8 people to a destination of your choice up to 10 miles from the scene of the breakdown.
- If you need to leave your vehicle at the garage, the RAC will reimburse you for taxi fares up to 20 miles.
- Roadside cover is only available from at least ¼ mile from your home.
|OPTION 2: Roadside, Recovery, At Home - £80.00
All the above points from Option 1 plus:
- If the RAC cannot get your vehicle repaired locally within what they deem to be a reasonable time, they will take you and up to 8 people home or to a single address anywhere in the UK.
- If you fall ill, and there are no passengers who can drive, you can use Recovery for assistance.
- At Home allows you to use Roadside within ¼ mile of your home address or where you normally keep the vehicle.
| OPTION 3: Roadside, Recovery, At Home, Onward Travel & European – £105.00
All the above points from Options 1 and 2 plus:
- If the RAC decide that your vehicle cannot be repaired locally, you are entitled to one of these options: replacement car hire; alternative transport costs; or hotel accommodation.
- The RAC will arrange for your vehicle to be fixed at the roadside or towed to the nearest garage in 47 European countries.
- English-speaking incident managers are available 24 hours a day.
- The RAC will arrange for you, your vehicle and up to 7 passengers to be repatriated to the UK if needed.
*Please note: This product is only available to Rowett Insurance customers with current private motor or motorcycle insurance policies
There are conditions and limitations on all sections of these policies. To obtain a quotation, or if you have any queries, or to request a specimen policy wording please contact our advisers on 0500 401226, or submit the form below...